Belize


Advertisement
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were about an hour late arriving into Belize, so the wonderful Carnival organization dream team kicked into place yet again, ensuring those with booked trips got off the boat first. They do not look kindly at queue jumpers. This luxury ship has every facility you could possibly imagine, even a proper cell. More specific information on the ships facilities and further / other interesting data follows on the entry dated Saturday 8thMarch 2014.

Whilst all those who had tours booked were waiting in a room together, we met up again with the policeman from Michigan and his partner. George and he were talking work and he presented George with a police badge that he had collected from Grand Cayman.

Today the journey into port was by fast tender that was about 20 minutes. These tenders carry about 300 people on two levels.

We had booked a Cave Tubing trip. You may be asking exactly what that is. This was an hour’s informative drive through the green countryside of Belize and about an hour’s tubing on an inflated tyre inner tube through the underground caves and gentle tide along some small rapids with a very experienced guide in almost total darkness. It started with a gentle 40 minute walk through a light tropical jungle of mahogany trees down to the water edge. There was never any doubt they we were going to get very wet. By this time, we were kitted out in swimming attire, with a helmet / light and life jackets. The cave tubing was incredible. The whole trip was very informative and enjoyable. Our team name for this water event was determined to be ‘Numb Butts and Major Shrinkage´. This team name was a unique piece of Caribbean humour spoken in the native Creole tongue. Construe this how you wish!

Followed was a light personal snack of local cuisine and then another hour journey back to the ship. We were back on board about 3.00 pm in time for a further / late light lunch and some sun before we set sail again. Cruising seems to make you very hungry and thirsty.

We managed to get ourselves another invite to the Golden restaurant today. This is with a couple we have met on board that live about a mile away from where we used to live in the UK. This was a very spooky coincidence. It was great catching up with some of the recent changes there and also making some more new friends.

And another great day draws to an end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb