Go slow man!


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As we get off the H2o taxi and walk along the jetty, there is a mosaic sign greeting us.
"Welcome to Caye Caulker, GO SLOW!"
And this was the attitude toward life on the Is, chill out, relax, have a good time and go slow man!I look along the beach and i see palm trees, waterfront bars and reef, i think i'm going to enjoy C.C.

We had originally planned to stay in Belize city but had been told it was shitty (& it was!) and to go straight to C.C.
So we tagged along with most off the bus onto the h20 taxi to an Island of the coast of Belize, C.C.We planned to stay 2 days and ended up staying 5, this place was great.
All sand streets, no cars, golf cart taxi's, walking everywhere bare foot, swing seat bars, daily diving trips out to the reef,cheap beers (2 bucks), clubs with sand floors,tones of freash seafood,sunbaking and swimming all day, gotta luv C.C!

C.C was split in 2 by a hurricane a few years ago and currents have made a deep channel between the 2 chunks. Right @ the split is the Lazy Lizard,a chilled out bar right on the h2o has 2 for 1 happy hrs, roof top for sunsets & the remnants of a foot bridge (tops for sunbakin),they tried to bridge the gap but it got wawshed away. We spent our days @the lizard swimming, sunbaking, drinking & snorkeling. 1 day we did a tour out to the reef, 2 snorkeling spots and a play with a flock of stingrays in waist deep h20 (steve killers!)
C.C is highly reccomended to all.
Next stop Dangriga to catch the ferry to Honduras


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Lobsters!Lobsters!
Lobsters!

Actually crayfish but they call em lobsters.


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 102; dbt: 0.113s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb