Barbados....


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
December 11th 2005
Published: January 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a great time in Barbados!! And we are looking forward to returning.

We left on Saturday the 10th due to a snow delay... So we lost a day... But better safe right?

So while we were there we went to most of the tourist spots... We rented a car and drove to St. Johns Chuch, Bathsheba, the animal flower cave, animal reserve, 2 flower gardens and orchid world.

Barbados has the most beautiful lush plants we have seen in the carribean.

The food can be a bit pricey so we had to look around for the best deals...
We did a great snorkling trip with a company named El Tigre that had a really good lunch and drinks included and got to swim with the turtles! They were coral colored aqautic turtles. We also scuba dove for the first time ever with The Dive Shop. The dive was over a bunch of shipwrecks. We went down about 40 meters. I dont know how many feet that is. But we saw very tropical looking marine life. We even saw a seahorse. They are tiny and we would not have noticed it without the guide pointing it out.

And we went on a tour of the Malibu Rum factory. We had lunch there that was good and saw how they make rum. Beautiful beach that had the smell of rum in the air. The lunch was a BBQ.

The last morning we were there we went on a nature walk with a giude form our hotel. We snorkled and fed the fish. Then sat at the ar on the beach and lost track of time.

All and all this was a great safe island with friendly fun people. We would love to go back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Flowers at Andromeda Flower GardenFlowers at Andromeda Flower Garden
Flowers at Andromeda Flower Garden

This one looks like popcorn doesn't it?


20th May 2006

memories.......
Hi there - just had a look at your Barbados blog, and it brought back so many memories for us. We visited about 4 years ago and had a very enjoyable time. Loved Bathsheba. Nice colourful photos incidentally!
21st May 2006

Love this blog
I'm from Barbados and it was nice to see all the photos. I try to get back once a year and I've just been inspired to launch my own Barbados blogging community. Not much there yet, but have a look: http://bb.goldenprose.net/

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 26; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb