Holetown, the East Coast and Lord Willoughbys Tavern


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
August 16th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Went to have a look at St. James church in Holetown when the maid arrived and then did some shopping at Cave Shepherd. Afterwards we came back to the villa and drove over to the East Coast - it was quite rough as they are predicting the tail end of Hurricane Dean will pass quite close to us. Lovely scenery but we decided to go back to the Crane.

It was raining when we arrived at the Crane and they had boarded up the restaurants - apart from a couple of body boarders we were the only people on the beach. The sea was quite rough and the body boarding very good. We didnt let the kids go out very far as the waves were powerful and you could get a long way up the beach without having to go out into the deep.

Came back to the villa across country and then as we were all hungry headed to the Lucky Horseshoe. This was closed due to the storm (we're of the view people just wanted the time of) - so we went to Lord Willoughbys tavern near to us. This was surprisingly good with huge amounts of food plus a pool table and table football (with 13 players?).

By the time we got back to the villa it was raining heavily and blowing a gale.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb