Harbour Master and West Coast Sunset


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
August 15th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had booked on the Harbour Master lunch cruise today from 11.00 to 15:00. This takes you up the West Coast of Barbados and then stops at a beach where you can snorkel and go down the 70 feet slide! Well certain members of the family can - I'll take the pictures! Matthew will et in the drinks (in his Man Utd shirt) and Eleanor is in the mood for dancing! We had lunch on the way up the coast and it was surprisingly good.

After lunch the ship docked on a beach just north of Holetown and you could get out and go snorkelling or walk along the beach. We went snorkelling and when out far enough found loads of Nemo type fish. Before the boat left they lowered the 70ft slide and the kids all went down it at least 3 times!

On the way back Eleanor and Matthew shook their bootys but not as well as the Lady in Orange! As you can see in the picture there is a huge crusie ship in Bridgetown, it is by far the largest and tallest building in Barbados. The Harbour Master seemed in no rush to come back and we arrived back at about 15:50 then headed home and spent some more time in the pool.

As it was quite a clear day we headed over to Holewtown to try and get a good sunset. Parking in the Chefette (one we haven't visited yet) we got some great views of the sun setting. The sun sets about 18:20 and by 18:30 its completely dark. We then eat at Spagho a great Italian in Holetown which had been recommended on the Barbados Travel Forum.

Tomorrow will be a nore restful day as we want to try and book horse riding for the Friday or Monday.




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb