Highborne Cay, Exuma


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
December 15th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 24.716, -76.8312

First stop in the Exumas....Highborne Cay, Exuma. Ahhhh, it's nice to be back in the Exumas! We stayed at Highborne Cay for two nights, knowing that we now had the time to relax and enjoy the islands as we made our way towards Staniel Cay for the 23rd.

While anchored at Highborne, we took a dinghy ride to Allan's Cay to see the Iguanas, did some snorkeling and enjoyed a visit to the Highborne Cay Marina. We also bumped into the crew of Mighty Fine again. We had last seen them in Stuart, FL, and therefore sundowners were in order on their "Lido deck"!

In a discussion with the crew of Simunye, we agreed that it would be a good idea for Craig and Christa to start to sail on their own while Steve was still here. This way they could build their confidence still knowing that Steve could dinghy over to them in a pinch. In a week's time they were going to be on their own when Steve flew home. This would be a good way for them to ease into it. So Steve officially became crew on Inspiration's passages for his last week here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb