The Bank to West Bay, New Providence


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
December 13th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.0269, -77.546

If it looks all the same as last year....that's because it is!

This time around, we are travelling with another boat, which makes it different for us though. And we're almost two months earlier than last year, so it was still a bit cool. NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH!!!! 😉

After our three days of hard sailing from Bimini we were tired. The sailing was spectacular, but it was also intense. So, we stayed at New Providence for two nights. We enjoyed that second much needed day of relaxation. Both Christa and I were exhausted, and therefore quite cranky and emotional. Some would say our "brains were sweating, and that was the reason for the tears in our eyes"...Ha. Inside joke.

A day to just relax and unwind was definitely needed. So we played for a good part of the day. Tony and Steve fished from the dinghy. Craig fished from the deck of Simunye and eventually all five of us went to the beach together.

Dec. 14th, 2014 – Three days of SERIOUS sailing!

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that we left Bimini and have now arrived in New Providence. Inspiration and Simunye sailed across the Great Bahama
Bank for two days, anchoring together on the bank for two nights. Then we passed through the Northwest Channel on the third day, and sailed across the top of the Toungue of the Ocean to West Bay, New Providence. We've had good wind, and have enjoyed perfect sailing conditions. Both boats have performed well. Yesterday we had another fast sail with both boats reaching a top speed of 7.3 knots. We were impressed.

From here, we will cross the White Bank to the top end of the Exumas, and then make our way down to Staniel Cay and Black Point.

We expect to spend Christmas in Black Point. We like it there, know several of the locals and have access to internet so that we can Skype and Facetime. So it's a good place to be for the holidays.

I do not expect to find wifi between here and Black Point. Keep the updates coming from home! We enjoyed all the photos of snow! We'll be in touch again just before Christmas!

Love and kisses from the crew of Inspiration.









Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb