Escape from Everyday Life


Advertisement
Published: September 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were calling this trip an escape from our everyday life...although, since neither Beth nor I have started our new jobs yet (although we are both employed!!) our everyday life still seems pretty damn good to us! But nonetheless, Beth, my mom, her friend Jackie and I all went on a fabulous trip to the Bahamas for a week. After hearing some positive experiences, and researching how amazing Atlantis Resort looked, we decided to splurge. Well....although the trip itself was a lot of fun, I don't think any of us will be coming back to Atlantis anytime soon!!! I don't know how the resort stays open, because almost everything about it was horrible!! The rooms were outdated, but that by itself would be fine. The service was horrible, housekeeping was horrible, and the prices for their restaurants were just outrageous!!!
Atlantis Resort is on Paradise Island, which is an island just north of Nassau, and connected by bridge. Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas, and is on New Providence Island. I do have to admit that Atlantis is amazing to look at, but beyond that, look out!
It was a great vacation for doing absolutely nothing, and we tried our hardest! 😊 Every day the sun and sand outside our window beckoned us, the waves were gentle and great for swimming (someone told us that the entire island is surronded by coral, which breaks the waves further away from shore, making for fabulous swimming conditions). There were so many pools and slides and water rides that we hardly knew what to choose from! Jackie, Beth and I went on the Serpent Slide, which is a five story, corkscrew slide. We used a tube, and went twisting and turning around inside their large Mayan Temple, and in the end, passing through a clear tunnel submerged in a shark filled lagoon. My favorite was "The Current," which was a mile long river that had, at time, HUGE waves pushing you forward, rapids, underground tunnels, tidal waves, and slides. I could've stayed on this ride forever!!
One day, we went to the spa and all got massages and facials...ahhhh!! how could it get more relaxing?!?!



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb