Port Lucaya


Advertisement
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was very overcast when we got up this morning.

We took a walk around the complex this morning and found out what facilities were available. The large swimming pool has a water slide, a swim up bar and a Jacuzzi.

Whilst walking, it was trying to rain, but was just spitting, which was quite nice with the 29 degree temperatures.

We visited the beach water sports hut as we were interested in having a jet ski out sometime during the week. The sea is a bright Blue and the sand is pure white.

When looking at the map, we could see that our apartment was about half a mile away from Port Lucaya market place, so we set off this morning to see if we could get there. Unfortunately, there is a large expanse of water between the two locations.

We know now that the car has been a good investment as there is nothing within walking distance. Being the Bahamas, taxis start at about $20.

Went to Port Lucaya market place. We had briefly driven past it last night when we took a wrong turn. Today it was very quiet. We are not sure if this is because it is Sunday or because it is out of season. It was nice to wander around it though.

Had lunch in one of the cafes within the market place.

After that it started raining and carried on doing so until it got dark.

A relaxing week ahead.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb