Thursdsy Sept 22


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba » Eagle Beach
September 22nd 2022
Published: September 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

We seemed to have avoided the rains all day. Will we be so lucky tomorrow?

At 8:30 or so we found the water at Tres Trapi to be excellent, AT LAST! and within 50’ of the entrance was HUNGRY TURTLE! He was chowing down on the delicate/tender turtle grass, and was not phased by us at all. We went off looking for more, and when we returned he was still there! So, we fulfilled our promise to show Tom and Amy turtles (well, one). AND we found a flying gurnard as we were coming back in – pale in the deeper water, and it didn’t stick around long enough to take a photo – so here is one from previous times just to remind some of you what it looks like. Also a cow fish, a star fish, a brown booby (bird) and the usual suspects of fish.

We then celebrated the turtle find by returning to Linda’s for pancakes!!

Came back to the rooms to change clothes and prepare for climbing the Casabari Rock formation. And then some shopping for Smit & Dorlas coffee, and to the shops and stalls in Oranjestad.

The cruise ships have been coming and going all week – we discovered that we can actually see them from our 4th floor walkways! But town wasn’t busy with shoppers – the ship was just about to pull out. In fact we heard the announcement that they were waiting on 2 more people – and the folks on deck cheered when they finally appeared.

Dinner was at Red Fish – not much of a view but tasty meals of shrimp and whole red snapper (guess who got which?) and now back to the room to perhaps catch some of the Browns game.

It rained off and on all day, but not much. And it’s been raining heavily night – much to the joy of the locals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb