Not the day we expected!


Advertisement
Published: February 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

St. John's AntiguaSt. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua

A Caribbean welcome
St. John's Antigua - Not quite the day we planned.
Today we had planned to go on a catamaran trip including a lobster lunch on board but we had to cancel this yesterday as David has a huge blister on the underside of his foot, it covers the entire ball of his foot! He visited the ships doctor who has prescribed some antibiotics and dressed his foot which he has has to now have re-dressed each day.He says it isn't that painful but of course has limited his mobility.

As we had nothing planned we had a late start this morning and whilst on our side of the ship we awoke to a clear pier on our port side was the P&O ship Azura which once again swamped our smaller ship.

From the top deck of our ship we watched the hoards of people disembarking from the Azura to the sound of a steel band that was on the quayside. A great welcome.

Our ship was very quiet as most people had gone ashore. Later in the morning I took a short stroll around the heritage quay with its wooden shuttered buildings now housing shops selling all types
St. John's AntiguaSt. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua

Big ships, Little ships!
of souvenirs, arts & crafts. In St. John's, like in St. Kitts yesterday there were more red telephone boxes but this time they were nicely painted and had working phones inside.

The town was bustling with cruise passengers so I soon headed back to the ship where we enjoyed lunch (unfortunately not lobster) on the sun deck.

At 5pm the deck was full of people for our deck party, it was a great atmosphere with everyone enjoying the music, overlooked by passengers on all the decks of the Azura. They too enjoyed singing along, waving and moving to the beat with The Braemar musicians.

As 6pm got closer the ships horn blasted out and everyone including the Azura passengers started singing 'We are sailing' so it turned out not to be such a bad day after all. Tomorrow we are in Martinique and although David not up to walking around I will be visiting the botanical gardens so looking forward to a day of beautiful flora & fauna.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

St. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua
St. John's Antigua

Heritage quayside
St. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua
St. John's Antigua

Heritage quayside
St. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua
St. John's Antigua

Heritage quayside
St. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua
St. John's Antigua

Bread fruit in abundance
St. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua
St. John's Antigua

Quiet lunchtime on board today
St. John's AntiguaSt. John's Antigua
St. John's Antigua

Caribbean rhythm & deck party


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb