Hiking in Flipflops


Advertisement
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today mom woke us up at like 8:30 so that we could say when everyone was in school in first period we were swimming in the ocean (There's a one hour time difference so it was 7:30 back home) The water was kinda cold...75 degrees maybe ) We came back to the room and had pancakes and watched a movie while our food digested. We jumped in the Yaris and roamed around the island. The original plan was to roam the island and jump into every beach round the island. So i wore a bathing suit and sophie's and flipflops. Well..that turned into climbing a mountain in flip flops with sticker bushes with 2 inch thorns and aloe-vera plants bigger than me. Plus it has just rained so the ground was mushy. I was not a happy camper let me tell you. haha Especially when my flipflops broke! We hit a few small roadside stands. We bought fruit at the one which was absolutely amazing. The next the woman's name was Elain. She was very tall and starving for human conversation. She gave us samples of Jam, told us about her two sons who were 17 and 27, She told me to slice open aloe very plant leaves and lay them on my face to heal the sunblisters. "Don't pop 'em" she said "...lots and lots of ocean water is good...dries them out." She had a constant smile on her face and a tid-bit of information to share. Of course, I had to get a pic with her. She walked me back to the car and we were on our way again. We saw a canopy tour of the rainforest that we might do friday that would be so cool. We drive around lost, for waht seemed like an impossibly long time. We're on an island the size of D.C. with like 4 roads on it and we get lost haha...We came back finally to the villa to shower and nap because honestly, we were stinky and tired. I watched two mocies and then we headed to the casino. Mom played with her same chips over and over and over. I was laying 20 bucks in black jack. It was karokee night with only one brace soul to sing. He was so terrible it was funny and painful to watchh...but it was like a carcrash when you're driving by...you can't help to look ( also refer to the example of an ugly baby lol)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb