The suntemple of Konark


Advertisement
Asia
May 16th 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sun templeSun templeSun temple

Most of the temple is destroyed cause a stupid British fool had removed the most important magnet stone of the building. This magnet kept the building straight... by removing this, the structure felt down. You can't enter the temple anymore cause they filled it up with stones to avoid more damage...
The majestic Sun Temple at Konark is, like the Taj Mahal, one of India's signature buildings and Konark exists purely for it...


The journey, a 56km only, took more than 2.5 hours in a local bus, but it was worth suffering for so long. It was really gorgious. For once we hired a guide who explained us lots of details. In the beginning very professionally, but after a while his explenations turned out in kama sutra expertise! " IF YOU DON'T MIND MADAM, SOMETHING FOR AFTER YOUR MARRIAGE"... heaps of inspiration, but most of them not really usefully...

The guide ended with " Will you come back with your husband once?" ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

this is a detail of one of the several weelsthis is a detail of one of the several weels
this is a detail of one of the several weels

The weels represent the basics of the temple, constructed in three layers ( one for the kids with elephants, one for youth with kama sutra and one for the older generetions with sculptures of godesses)This weels has carvings of kamasutra...
image of the ideal married indian womanimage of the ideal married indian woman
image of the ideal married indian woman

She takes care of the kids and has to pay attention on her hear! That's it The movement this lady is making, is to put some red stuff in her hear to show everybody that she is married


28th April 2008

KONARK SUN TEMPLE
IT could easily beat Taj had it survived that wrath of British (my guide told me it was by portugese-how they come to Orissa with so much political power to do this act) fool who has removed the magnet tomb. 24 wheels rath pulled by 7 horses decorated all over the rath body with 3 stages (morning, miday and sunset) of Sun God with lot of information about the society prevalent at those time. Every wheel adheres to the precise clock time )which could be easily understood once explained to test on your own) with carving depicting various stages of life. Thiyana mandapam which is under construction now can be viewed from the building in front of it. Centre gate of it looks exactly centre from all three entrance in the front building. Konark temple has more than 10000 women statutes, each has its unique hair style which is very difficult to even imagine when women had only long hair. Unlike our modern women who has only short or mid sized hair in the head. It is only tip of an ice perg. Do not miss an opportunity to visit Orissa esp Konark and Nandankannan Zoo at Bhuvaneswar (enjoys special status of white tige breeding centre in the world)

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb