Agra and Jaipur


Advertisement
Asia
January 15th 2011
Published: January 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello blog lovers

So we got out of Delhi pretty sharpish - possibly the busiest place in the world/dirtiest! Good news is that there is no Delhi Belly to report!

We headed to Agra which was a bit of a treck and it seemed to take 3 hrs to get out of Delhi, but when we did hit the highway we saw/overtook some interesting sights inc...
- a camel
- sheep grazing on the central reservation
- houndreds of cows
- lorries driving the wrong way down the outside lane
- horsedrawn carts
- 4 people on a moped
- bicycles
- people crossing the road without looking....etc

Agra is the home of the Taj Mahal - a pretty impressive site and takn loads of pictures. Definately worth the trials of gettng there!!! Also hit loads of shops and learned how to say "we don't want t buy anything" in about 99 different ways, although Carrie has bought a couple of things. Good luck carrying those marble cosaters for the next 5 months is all I can say!

After seeing the impressive Agra Fort we heading into Rajestan which is a lot nicer and the roads are much better - only seen 1 camel so far on the motorway, but did see 2 elephants on the high street! We have been in Jaipur for the last 2 days - the Pink City. Lots of sight seeing today and even went to see how block printing is done (not worth a visit if you are ever in the area). Last night went to an authentic India village - not sure they have plastic elephants in rural India but it was still pretty good just for the food! We got over the plastic elephant today as we had a ride on a real one...not the comfiest form of transport but an experience.

Chilling out tonight and heading to Mandave tomorrow - I am sure you all know that it is famous for wall paintings - whoop. Just there for one night then off to the desert for a camel safari and camp!!!

Anyway - off for tea now - lets see if Carrie has progressed from kormas!!!

Until next time...the Beaumonts






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



15th January 2011

Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Carrie could just courier things back to herself them she doesn't have to carry them! (if its handbags in Thailand send them to me a I will look after themtill you get back HAHAHA!!!) Carrie try a Pasanda still really mild but much more tasty!!! Loves ya cousins!!
15th January 2011

Be sensible
Be sensible and send all your purchases back every so often - makes the suitcases lighter and then you have the excitement of finding them all when you get back!!!!!
16th January 2011

hello, glad to hear you are doing ok. Fylde won 47 nil at the Kendal swimming baths , Sam scored the greatest try ever seen and was MOM. Josh back at uni now. Just waiting for mum to cook sunday lunch. Dad says he is missing you . Mum says take care. Sian says hello. I say dont drink the tap water. xx
23rd January 2011

Enjoying your blog
Hi both of you enjoying your blog ,you seem to be cramming lots in . Your journey has taken us back to our trip to India. Did you avoid the elephant snot on the ride up to the Amber fort? Billy had an accident and broke bone in paw and cut other leg now in bandages on both front paws and not very happy . Are you planning to go on a Tiger safari ? Take care Jack and Louise

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb