The Adventure Commences


Advertisement
Asia
January 12th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ok....we have officially departed......good start was being upgraded......managed to get into the business class lounge at Terminal 5...i was sipping champagne when danny told me not to become accustomed to this kind of travel...why not?!

Anyhow, great flight and then first call Delhi....well who knew what to expect.....we had a shocker of a journey from the airport to our hotel....the taxi driver was mental and i can safely say i have never been so afraid in my life. My hands were white by the time we reached the hotel.

The hi-light was a guy trying to sell model planes in the middle of busy roundabout.....talk about a culture shock!! There are so many cars on the road and instead of keeping in a lane they just swerve into each other adn beep each other and pedestraains are trying to cross roads with like 6 lanes?!!

Anyhow, we arrived safely and we had a sleep for a few hours before heading out for some grub....i had to get back in a car to find food -i had chicken korma which was nothing life korma in the Uk but was quite tasty....pretty spicy so now consuming copious anounts of bottled water!!

We have also visted India gate today, but have lots more to see in Delhi tomorrow.

We have decided to hire a driver to see the northern part of India (i was a little skeptical as i didn't want to spend any more time in a car then necessary, but the driver we had tonight was much better and he said that Delhi is the worse place for drivers and it will be much better out of this city (mum - don;t worry i have already told Danny that we will change travel options if this is not true!) driving seems the cheapest and least stressful way of travelling here....i'll let you know!!


Anyway, looking forward to hitting my bed tonight and we have Delhi adn the Taj Mahal tomorrow to look forward to...

i'll keep you posted!

Love Carrie x




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th January 2011

Starting in style
Great work on the upgrade - presume Danny flirted his way into that one?! Whilst you have done a long flight, experienced Delhi and (no doubt by now) seen the Taj Mahal, I have slept and sat at my desk for 10 hours... bring on my wedding is all I can say! x
15th January 2011

Bombay Belly
when is it going to strike......place your bets now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb