Bikaner


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bikaner
January 17th 2011
Published: January 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well...

Firstly Danny talks rubbish...i have been very adventurious with my food options...tonight i had chips and curry sauce!!!! dad - i'm kidding, i had a buffet of loads of different food...tika and curries and naan and yes i had a few chips...ooops!

Anyway, since our last blog we have been very busy......

I have done more shopping...in the middle of a negotiation for a very pretty bed cover.....danny actually said..."you do know i am going to work wiht my dad in a fabric business" as if that is the point....and as if that is the same as having a hand stitched (30 days worth) bed cover....anyway.....that and 2 pairs of shoes....both camel leather...and divorce was on the cards...so i have promised for the time being to curb my shopping habits......we are now in the desert so not that difficult!!!


Anyway...we left Jaipur , after a shopping trip (see above) and a mechanical failure of our car.....this meant we have a new driver. we headed for a place called Mandawar which was 4 hours away.....another motorway experience and we arrived at this remote village and stayed in a Haveli (mansion for rich merchants)....it was fab. we had the cutest "suite" a tiny beadroom, a little sitting room, you had to climb over a balcony to our little bathroom (with no running water we soon foudn out!

A Haveli is an open air mansion and we sat around a big fire, watched some Indian musicians/dancers...even had a go...sadly Danny was more in time than i was...even an Indian guy told me to find teh beat....cheek! we met a few english speakers which was nice.


Today we took a guided tour around some other Havelis in the area and then have travelled to Bikaner. On the way we stopped at a rat temple...where we were told to look for a white rat...i assumed this was a temple with paintngs of rats and you had to where's wally a white one....actually, having taken off your shoes, you were expected to walk around a temple filled wiht hundreds of live rats looking for 1 white one...which woudl give you good luck.....urgh...we stayed for about 10 minutes didn't see a white one and it was totally minging!

then we headed to a camel farm....bit weird but quite interesting!

heading to the desert tomorrow to do a proper camel safari and our first night of camping!! can't wait.

Missing you all

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb