Phuket


Advertisement
Asia
January 11th 2010
Published: February 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Many people were surprised that this is my first Phuket Trip.
I'm equally surprised that this is also my widely-travelled travel mates' first beach overseas trip!

We booked out tickets more than half a year ago, cos the tickets were cheap. In a blink, the trip has came and gone.

Effectively, we only had 2.5 days in Phuket. First day was spent on eating, spa'ing and exploring town.
Second day was spent at Phi Phi Island. We visited Phi Phi Don, Phi Phil Ley and Maya Beach. We stopped at the first snorkel site, one of the prettiest site I've seen. Many many colourful fishes and live corals. Favourite was a big single anemone with many many Nemos swimming round it! Stopped at another snorkel site just before lunch. Water was very clear, a pity we didnt have much time to enjoy.

After a simple lunch at Phi Phi, we proceed to a natural swimming pool! Nicely surrounded by limbstone cliff, we waddled and splashes around the clear water. Had fun snapping pictures with our waterproof camera. Ended the trip with Maya Beach. Quoting a favourite line from our guide: "The Lady (there were def more than 1 lady) and Gentlemen, we are going to the Maya Bea next, Maya Bea. The bea were Lianado DeeCapio, Lianado DeeCapio filmed 'The Bea'".

Went back to the hotel and bought some fruits, papaya salad and beer to snack while waiting for our turn to shower. After getting fresh and clean, we went out to look for more food to stuff ourselves. We first stopped by a mango sticky rice stall. Next we found a stall that sells yummy bae mee heung. We ordered 6 dishes that even the stall owner looked a bit shocked at our eating ability. Ended the day with a drink at Wine Collection at Jungceylon.

Happy to be able to sleep in later on the third day. We slept till almost 10am. After breakfast, we went to Patong Beach for a stroll. Tempted by the water inflatables "attraction". 300 THB to play with the inflatables! Maybe we can explore having this in Singapore. Doesn't that difficult to set up. Decided to come back here in the late afternoon when it's not so hot. Prob getting old, doesn't like too much sun. Went to Jungceylon to shop shop and lim kopi at Black Canyon. Very disappointed that their ancient wasn't anything like the one in Bangkok. And worst, their service attitude was really bad!

Went back to Patong Beach in the evening. Discovered that the water inflatable attraction is now free. CJ, Ash and I swam over and tried to climb up some inflatables. Gosh, wasn't an easy feat! Glad we didnt have to pay to play, got a bit bored after 1 or 2 inflatables.

More food before heading back to hotel. Had dinner at some zi char like stalls. Super spicy salad! Mich said it was so spicy that she felt faint haha. 2 angmos, from Siberia, sat next to us and we wanted very much to recommend them the super spicy salad haha... They were also very curious with our food, esp the hair rambutans! We gave them some to try and recommended some must-try thai dishes. They prob thot we were Thai, but repeatedly informed that we're from Singapore! Friendly and fun ambassadors from Singapore. I wonder if I can get more bonus doing that :p

Dashed for a final massage at Let's Relax to end the trip. And after the massage, we head to the same stalls again... mango sticky rice and noodle stall keke... We promised to eat less today. 1 bowl of noodles each :p

Quite an enjoyable beach holiday. Looking forward to the next one... Destination tbc.










Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb