School outing


Advertisement
Asia
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

By Carinda...

I am going to do two blogs today as I want to report in on our outing with some vietnamese school students from yesterday before I report in all about our last day on the build site.

After a half day of building from high scaffolding we then proceeded to meet with a vietnamese school, they wanted us to join them on an outing and to try and teach the children some english along the way. The kids here are amazing, many are shy at 1st but all of them are so freindly! Tegan and I were assigned 7 kids to look after, the attached photos are us with our groups. Teaching kids is hard work... but we both enjoyed the challange.

Whilst on the subject of the kids, the kids in the community around our build site are so wonderful to watch - they entertain themselves all day with a ball... it is so refreshing to see when I think back to kids at home that can't survive 5mins without their playstation. Tegan & I have taught them some cricket and also take part in some daily soccer as illustrated in the photo.

Well that is all on this subject... I will move onto the next blog 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Soccer time on the build siteSoccer time on the build site
Soccer time on the build site

Showing them some moves
The local kids at the build siteThe local kids at the build site
The local kids at the build site

Loving the macquarie hats we brought!


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb