Blog-jacking


Advertisement
Asia
December 29th 2007
Published: December 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The WarehouseThe WarehouseThe Warehouse

people live in this place ... us!
In response to a fine blog entry by Mr Cowan and the constant chat about quoting each others blogs, I have finally decided to blog-jack some text from the infamous 'Billy Blog'. So read on for some delightful prose from the keyboard of the Kutchan Information centre on the 28th December 2007 ...

"1. We only work part time (welll sort of, although we appear to be constantly on call for any job no one else can be arsed to so) which gives us a lot more riding time than we'd have anywhere else. Also they take us as part of training on various backcountry trips, like on boxing day where we got taken cat skiing on a mountain right on the coast called Iwanai. We had to help out clearing some of their runs of small trees so we each got given a shankin' knife and the got cracking stabbin' up nature for a bit. But after a bit of defacing nature we got some good riding in.


2. Our company has more Japanese staff than foreigners. Now most of you probably assume this would be the case anywhere round here BUT you're forgetting Niseko is actually
35 Cent35 Cent35 Cent

what a guy
in Melbourne and as such most ski schools are more aussie than man. However, this can also be a bad thing as it means you are almost constantly out of the loop on the lads 'banter' not to mention where you are supposed to be or what you are supposed to be doing. On the other hand we have a rowdy group of Japanese bro's to teach messy rudeboy Landan slang to and we get the local knowledge your we wouldn't otherwise. The other day we went out for a staff meal and drinks which was awesome. After a hotpot thingy (forgotten the name but it was made of all intestines 'n stuff, sounds rubbish, tastes awesome) we were given some small energy drinks*, which everyone swears is the best hangover cure since not drinking then its straight into a good old fashioned pub crawl complete with tequila, a 50 Cent lookalike and a healthy amount of shouting.

*p.s. they don't really work but hey I enjoy the novelty and we've taken to drinking them before we go out all the time now.


3. Access to vans is a valuable bonus as is the warehouse and although is out of town is laden with prime objects to make a mini park out of. Whistler bro's will be pleased to hear that Lost Lab Japan Edition is well underway and so far has a kink, straight rail and a C rail as well as a saucy drop/kicker.


So that's that J~life at the mo, Ni-San aka older brother is arriving ce soir so he can look forward to brotherly naked baths the likes of which haven't taken place since we were toddlers. Happy days "




NB: please address any comments to Mr Nick Cowan of No.1 The Warehouse, Warehouse Street, Out of Town, WAH O1S




Advertisement



29th December 2007

This is an outrage!! I'll see you in blogcourt.
1st January 2008

Can i be in the jury, will paper mario be there as a witness? anyway...Guilty.
2nd January 2008

Thats a mighty fine pic of 35 cent lads... bet he was crippin' up in ur face all night. Good news on the Lost Lab... keep on truckin!
4th January 2008

Is snowboarding a bit gay?????
4th January 2008

hi benjamin
Alright mate, finally got round to checking out your blog, it looks wicked where you are... very jealous. I'll probably write you an e mail instead of posting intimate private issues like our undying love for one another on a public domain... But just to assure you I have checked it out and am not as lazy as you may think. much love bennan Len
9th January 2008

Blog Jacking
Definitely a far superior blogger to you Ben. I know your new to the game but a little more effort is needed or you'll continue getting merked like this in blog land. Strong on ridiculous photos though. If you bring Carling to Japan one day let's do a joint venture and I'll bring fish fingers. Morana loved them!
11th January 2008

Carling
I think it'll boom - Carling with fish fingers as a bar snack ... I can see it now. Yeh Nick is strong on the blog scene. I need to get involved in the writing a bit more - head over to Question marks and Full Stops soon for some heavy blog time.
11th January 2008

Gay Snowboarding
Apparently its kicking off. The scence is pretty weak over here but try doing a season at Milton Keynes, it's all the rage there.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb