what we've been up to :)


Advertisement
Asia
February 16th 2007
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hi guys just thought that we'd better take the time to drop a line n tell every1 wat we've been up to 😊

since singapore we've flown (obviously!) to phuket... n yes it is a funny name 😊! arrived here on the tuesday which added an EXTRA HOUR difference from oz time that im (lyndal) not really coping with that welll!!! after a bit of a mix up wif the hotels (ended uop not being to bad as we got to have a bit of extra time to explore patong) we were taken to our proper resort just up the hill a bit (not even mums prepared to climb this hill!!!!!) yesterday went to phi phi island where we saw the beach on which 'the beach' was filmed n then proceeded to spend the whole day sunbaking on the white sand n when we got our energy stores up woul;d take ourselves into the water to maybe to a bit of fish seeing (not sight seeing) in the clear water!

when we got to the wharf it was slight mayhem! people, buses, boats and luggage (n hideous smells i almost threw up a couple of times) greeted us with our morning over hangovas from not getting time to have our ritual morning coffees! amazingly everything sorted themselves out n every1 who was on that boat manged to get on and everyone that was on our boat managed to get on as well! getting home and off the boat was a whole new experience n we stood still for about 15 mins having absolutley no idea where to go!!!! but it all worked out!

today we got up n went into patong for some shopping which was an experience! dad the "expert" bargainer was trying to get prices down so low that they wouldnt even be able to buy a bread crumb so once left to barb and lyndal things went a little smoother and the thai people could actually afford food!!!

until next time guys see you later 😊

Advertisement



19th February 2007

nice work dad, the whole idear of bargainer is to be fair to all.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb