Palawan, the Philippines


Advertisement
Asia
January 22nd 2023
Published: January 23rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our first trip to the Philippines and we chose Palawan and Coron Islands. They were remote and rural, but with beautiful beaches. We flew into Puerto Princesa which was the most rural of the areas, but claims to be the greenest and cleanest of the Philippines. We enjoyed a city tour which included a crocodile farm and wildlife rescue center with a variety of indigenous animals, a local amusement area and a traditional village. We also enjoyed the firefly boat tour of the mangroves at night. And then a day trip to the Underground River cave tour.



We then spent 3 days at El Nido and found a great restaurant and band, run by a gentleman from Spain on Lio Beach. Unfortunately, we had 2 days of rain, one with a very impressive thunder and lightening show, so we were unable to tour the local islands.



Then a 4 hour ferry to Coron island where we stayed at Busuanga Bay lodge, which had a great view of the Bay. The weather improved for us and we were able to do a snorkeling tour which included a fabulous coral garden and a very shallow shipwreck.



Then our final 2 days in Manila, we splurged, thank you AMEX for their hotel credit, and stayed at the Pennisula Makati, which was a fabulous hotel, highly recommended! It was a quick stay, but we did enjoy the Intramuros historic section which included the walled fort and an excellent museum, Our last night, was the start of Chinese New Year and we enjoyed a very funny interactive play, called Shanghai Nights.



We said goodbye to Patti and Doug as they returned to Boston, and we continued on to Cambodia for the final 10 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



26th January 2023
One more Gili Air sunset - just amazing colors!

Thank you for sharing
I always enjoy hearing about your adventures and seeing the wonderful photos! Loved the photos of the animals - especially the monkey! Thanks for sharing!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb