Day 3 -Bangkok


Advertisement
Asia
October 9th 2018
Published: October 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 3Day 3Day 3

The grand palace and emerald Buddha
Another exciting day, started with a trip to the Emerald Buddha and grand palace, photo opportunities galore but the heat was incredible. admittingly having to wear long pants, skirts and enclosed shoes did not help.

We then were so excited to see our guide for our time in Bangkok, Connie(guy and not sure that is how it is spelt )
for the air conditioned comfort to our next Buddha’s “Wat Pho” incredible but still so hot.

More gorgeous photos and then to shopping at MK shopping centre, again an experience in people pushing and yelling at you to buy their stuff but in a western fashion. Steve got a shirt. Lol and ate Pizza Hut.

7 kms walked in a day!!!

Came back to the motel and had a swim and some of my wine. Then Sunday session on a Tuesday with the whole group out the front terrace of the motel.

Saw a terrific parade to celebrate the Annual Vegetarian Festival, and dinner for two for only 250 baht, considerinh the last two nights we spent over 6000 the first night and nearly 9000 the second, a massive saving and spend on more alcohol.

Retired for the night and now getting ready for bed, one last breakfast tomorrow and off to Phuket


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb