hoi an


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 27th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we got on another bus, stopped a few times, saw a boy and a buffalo, and another stop for toilet and to look at the beautiful view.

we arrived in hoi an, and were staying in a hotel with a pool- LUSH! Had our orientation walk and it was sooo hot the sweat was dripping off our faces, not nice! After the orientation and a bit of history again we went to a dress shop. We were there for a while looking through mags to find what we wanted, but i was so stressed out with not knowing what i wanted i got measured for a suit and chose a black material. Simple, but would be very handy at home! All the girl were drianed from the experience so we went and got food and a drink and then to bed after a game of pool at the hotel.

Next morning we got up for brekkie next door and rented a pedal bike to go to the beach which was 3 km away.
We started to cycle and 5 mins down the road we came across a crash. We still arent sure what had happened but it was an aussie couple had come off the motorbike and the girl was on the floor with a bloody head. Her poor bf who was driving was shouting and screaming about it saing get an ambulance..!! all the locals found this facsinating and crowded round to watch, people stopped on their motorbikes just to get a glance of what happened. It was all manic so we stepped in to help, emma helped with the girl, cleaned her up and put her in the recovery position while me and couple of the girls directed the traffic, meanwhile trying to get someone to call the vietnamese ambulance. This was harder than we thought as the locals wanted to put her in a taxi and said it was a long wait for the ambulance. Finally we got an ambulance called as we shooed away the taxis and after about 1/2 an hour of chaos the ambulance came and took her and the bf away.
After that we needed a drink so continued to cycle to the beach, got there in 10 mins and we sat down for lunch to get a free sunbed.
Lunch was good, drink was good and we spent the afternoon sun bathing. Meanwhile joe and Tom got bored and decided as you do, to dig a hole as deep as they could. They did quite well and struck water. This attracted quite a lot of attention from tourists and locals and they all wanted to know why they were doing it. But when we said, for fun they all looked baffled!

After the beach we got back for a fitting of dresses and suit, mine needed taking in so was going back the next dday. On the way back to the hotel i went into another fabric/dress shop and fell in love with 2 materials, so ordered 2 dresses and they were to be ready the next day, all for $26...brilliant!
That night was a quick get ready and then drinking game- ring of fire before heading out. Most places were closed but we found a salsa bar was open, we chose the music and changed it to a hip hop bar. This was a fun night had by all as we were still playing some of the rules from the drinking game and everyone in the bar enjoyed it! We met a few people there and then walked back to the hotel, sat by the pool with a couple of people we just met before realizing they were prats and emma and i decided it was time for them to leave!

The next day was manic, up for breakfast, 11am suit fitting, sat by the pool for a bit, then 3pm suit pick up, ordered some denim shorts to be made, internet, skype, picked up made shorts, street food dinner as too rushed. my dresses weren't ready yet so went to post stuff home including suit, dresses were ready hour later so picked them up and then played cards by the pool. I didnt go out this night as i had the start of a bad belly and felt very nauseous.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb