Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 27th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Off the train and we arrived at Hue.
We had a walk around, saw the citadel, learned some history about the place- most of it was destroyed by the Us in the war. The citadel was a place built by the king where he had his palace with major walls around it and a moat. The king had many mistresses and servants, and no one was allowed to look him in the eye apart from the people who worked for him.
After the interesting but hot history lesson we went to a local market and i bought a t-shirt for the hot weather and for temples when we need to cover our shoulders. That night a few of us didnt fancy doing the group banquet and went for our own dinner....good choice, we got a 6 course dinner for $2.50!! And the nest bit was what Emma and Tom had, banana pancake with syrup and chocolate powder, just like i remember having all those years ago!
That night i went for 241 cocktails with anna and leonie, and then back to the hotel early night, phoned home on skype and then bed.

In the morning we got up for our motorbike tour. My motorbike rider was the group tour guide so had brill english and was funny. i told him it was my 1st time on a motorbike and he commented on his great air con...hahaha. He also had a phone call which he took and pushed the phone into the helmet straps- handsfree! Our 1st stop was in a little village, we got taught how rice was made in the fields, and there was an old lady who sat us down and told our fortune. Supposedly i will marry twice, once at 25, and have 3 kids, two boys and one girl. The boy will come first, then i will have twins with my second husband. But the second husband will be a drunk....GREAT.....but she said i wouldn't mind as i love the son too much to let it get to me....argh i dont know she was crazy but it was amusing!
Back on the bikes and we went up a mountain to see where the americans had invaded, then down again for a toilet stop and watched how insense and the pointy hats got made.
Then it was lunch in the nunnery, brill as it was a banquet of veggie food! woo hoo! The motor tour was finished by visiting a pagoda.

That was a brilliant tour and fun on the moto's.That night we had dinner at a different place, but went back for banana pancake for dessert!

Got back to the hotel and the next place was going to be hoi an, where you can get clothes made to fit so i went on the net to look for styles, found nothing so went to bed.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb