Day 17, Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 19th 2012
Published: January 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a day that taught me a lot. After we had breaky and got ready we had a swim in the pool. Then we got a taxi into town. This time we went to the war museum but unfortunately it was time for the people's siester, so we had to come back an hour and a half later. In the mean time we went to the coffee shop for some juices and iced coffee. Yum yum. Then we had a look around. When we had a look around, we went back to the war museum. I had a look around the first floor of the museum. It was okay. It was full of posters and bill boards protesting against the Americans fighting against Vietnam. Then we went upstairs. Upstairs, there was the war aggression part. It was sad. There were pictures of dead vietnamese and beheaded people dead next to grinning americans and other yucky stuff like that. After the war agression part, I didn't want to see any more, let alone the agent orange effects on people, so I went to the after war recovery place upstairs. It was nicer. Then we went outside to see the army vehicles. It was cool because we saw the planes, boats, and artillery. Then we left and got a taxi to a water park and got jibbed about 5 times the original price! Unfortunately, we would only have had about 45 minutes, so we went home. Then we had dinner and went to bed. I look foward to writing to you tomorrow. Zac.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb