Honk, hokn, beep beep, off we go!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 24th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey hey!

Sorry, i have forgotten to write in this for a while... The last you read i was in Bangkok for my last day.

My last day was supper relaxed in Bangkok. I went and explored the city a little on my own and had my very last last night with Erin, Rosie, and Jodie! We had a BLAST at Gullaver's night club dancing, and chatting with other travellers. However that was a sweet/bitter evening. The morning after ( March 18th) I flew over to Ho Chi Minh City to stay with David, Ellen and Robin.

They have a very cute little place with 3 rooms. It is right in backpackers town, so a perfect central location to everything!

Day 1

The day after I arrived there, Robin, Ellen, myself and two of Ellen's friends went to the ..oh i am having a brain fart right now, waterfalls. It was a very nice trip out of the city, about 2 hours drive. It was quite and so very beautiful! I got to see what the Vietnamese consider "camping" too...They have a campground with pre-set tents that have a wooden floor and then inside the tent there is a nice bed with a cabinet. These babies run you up to 245,000 dong a night( about $15) We took a lunch and ate there and went swimming. That night we hit the hay pretty early!

Day 2

This day Robin and I went out for bubble tea in the morning and we met up with some friends that she had met there. Vincent and Bee. Really nice guys. And not to mention they owned the place that we ate at, sooo it was on the house! =) That afternoon i just spent in and uploaded some pictures; yes i know they never got on here, and then i went out for some dinner on my own!

Day 3

Robin and I slept in that morning and watched some Sex In The City and then we headed out for a good 6 hour, on foot city exploration! It was really neat to see the city on foot and just go at our own pace with no where in mind to go. We saw all of district one, and that is where we live. That afternoon Robin and i met up with Bee and he took us around. We went to this MASSIVE shopping mall... 13 stories high and just HUGE! But very expensive. We spent some time playing Air Hockey with a Vietnamese family, and we won of coarse! It was a really fun afternoon. We also got to see the very old, French post office. It is over 200 years old or something like that! We got back for dinner that night and Ellen made a really good curry for dinner. That night Robin and I went out. It was quite fun!!

Day 4

This was Sunday and we went shopping for some food for our adventure up to Mui Ne. Then I attended my very first Hash Hound Harriers Run/ Walk! Most INSANE thing! It is a bunch of old men; and some women, okay and maybe a few young men, and we hop on a bus and we are driving somewhere out of the city. Then we get off the bus... first off, if anyone has a new pair of runners they have to drink a whole beer out of the runner and then put it back on.. and if they dont own up to it and it is found at the end of the run that they have new runners, then they have to drink a beer of the then sweaty runners! Pretty sick hey! Then we split into runners and walkers. I was a walker due to the fact that I am out of shape and that it was a good 32 degrees and no shade! We did a 7K walk and the runners did a 10K run. They have to follow a paper trail, and sometimes there are falce trails and then they have to back track!

At the end of the run, we then drink beer... and us virgins to the run get sworn in... THAT was funny, but that cannot be disclosed! Sorry =P

That was the end of that part in Sigon.... now I take you to the better Hawaii!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb