MEKONG DELTA TRIP - HCMC


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
February 10th 2009
Published: February 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

Well this is our last night in HCMC. Today we went on a day trip to the Mekong Delta. The actual river is a toilet - so very nervous about falling in! Very interesting travelling through various districts of HCMC. Slightly wealthier than the actual city in some areas. Very good guide who gave us a lot of information. For instance one of their special coffees is weasal coffee - the process is feeding weasals coffee and then collecting their droppings. The enzymes give a special flavour - yeh right! The coffee costs 1500 dollars per kilo. The snake whiskey looked revolting in the bottle that was full of dead scorpians but tasted okay - Bob declined as we were told that it was aphrodisiac for men. He says that was not the reason - whatever Bob! Not that he needs it (sorry kids!). A good lunch was provided and then a canoe ride was offered - Bob went but I declined as I am a bit òf a pussy and stayed on the bigger boat. On the way back the heavens opened and we had torrential rain - the first of the season apparently. Got a good soaking on the way back to the hotel. Did eventually stop and we went out for drinks and food. Must stop drinking every night as we are not on a two week holiday!! Have tried to eat like the natives as they are so bloody skinny and feel as though I have put on a stone - probably the heat that has made my body swell.

Tomorrow we leave HCMC for Nah Trang - takes 14 hours so we have booked a "sleeper" coach that look really good with proper beds.

Anyway hope this is not too boring for you all but nothing really scary or exciting hás happened - not that we want scary!

When we learn how to upload photos we will include a few of them.

Love Lyn and Bob xx

Advertisement



10th February 2009

Where the F..k are you guys
Where the f..k is HCMC. Also, it was nice to be referred to as a kid. Bob............Think I would of tried the aphrodisiac, if you know what I mean! S and S x
11th February 2009

Oh for the love of god, did we really need *that* information?

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb