Hello from Vietnam! -make sure you watch the video


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 10th 2009
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Tired out from sitting on a bus for way too long, we decided to have an afternoon apart (no really kate was too lazy to go out while zoe wanted to -though kate reckons her afternoon was more productive). While Zoe was out shopping, Kate met some girls from England and got invited to a party. Turns out they were travelling with some crazy people and we had a whole lot of fun talking to some hilarious backpackers.

We got up early the enxt morning in order to catch the bus to Saigon. Though our early morning wasn't as necessary as we had thought as the pickup van was 40 minutes late. sigh. The bus trip was fairly uneventful though we did stop for our last cambodian meal (very adventurous) bread and cheese.

Upon arriving in Saigon and vowing to eat some authentic food, we ate at a stingy little restaurant and went for a walk around town. We had the most invigorating experience of the trip when we tried to cross the road, which consists of walking slowly and steadily into the path of motorbikes and hoping they swerve. (We fought the urge to close our eyes successfully, made easier when we clung to some amused school boys.) The authentic evening ended with yet moe ice-cream and speed (the card game.) We're ashamed (i'm not) to say we watched Hannah Montana. God we're cool kids.

Today we headed out to the Cu CHi Tunnels. It is incredible to think that people spent years living in tunnels that were 60cm x 70 cm. Kate was having panick attacks with the 3m we crawled through and we couldn't imagine having to suffer further without lights. We met some German boys on the bus (Frau be proud!) and headed to the museum.

We're about to head out for dinner. Goodbye from Vietnam!

xoxox


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



11th January 2009

Slightly jealous. Loving hearing about it though and am just so so happy you guys are coming back. i have lost way too many friends this year to the dangerous 'gap year'. have fun. xxxxx oh and loving frausi's coments btw. lol

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb