Our beach escape


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
January 8th 2009
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was difficult to drag ourselves out of bed on Tuesday morning due to our opulent surroundings. However our dedication to shopping saw us get up at 7am to head to the markets. First we caught a moto to the Russian Market. Little did we know it was more like a giant supermarket, complete with live fish squirming on the ground and array of tasty smells. We did however find some nice shirts and a little more nauseous than when we had arrived, we headed off for the Central market. This turned out to be a shoppers heaven, with row upon row of clothes, bags, hats and jewelery. We then headed to the Phnom Penh shopping centre only to be shoooed away by an unfriendly shop assistance saying "small size small size" Kate feels fat.

That afternoon we jumped on the (fly-infested) bus to Sihanoukville, where we discovered Cambodia's Party haven. Needless to say, we stayed in. We did go out the first night though. Luckily we'd run into some of our mates from Siem Reap. During our day in Sihanoukville we lazed on the beach and fought off the millions of hawkers offering string hair removal services, though Kate was considering it. (i deny it!) That night we had a fabulous bbq dinner right on the beach.

In our brilliance we decided we could get to Ho Chi Minh City for cheaper if we came back to Phnom Penh first. Our plan failed when the bus to Vietnam was full and we ended up having to book the early morning one. We did however save a good $3 EACH! hooray for common sense!

Despite this we're not too annoyed as the other people at our guesthouse appear to be super friendly.

Here's to making new friends.

Btw we added some photos so be sure to check them out!

xoxo
Kate and Zoe


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



8th January 2009

sweeeet
hey guys! so good to hear from you and reading all your blogs is a heap of fun. you havent been gone long yet you have done sooo many things. how exciting. im pretty jealous and im hoping you have fun! the photos are sweet too. keep up the spontaneity! talk soon. stay safe. love cass xxx
8th January 2009

pole dancing sounded fun :P
8th January 2009

pole dancing sounded fun :P

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb