A quick summary...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
January 17th 2009
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we realise we haven't written in a while, I guess you could take it as a sign that we've been enjoying ourselves. We're far to lazy to give you a full rundown, so we thought we'd summarise Saigon. Essentially, we ate more (some of it was authentic- noodles and rice from street vendors) (some of it was waffles), we got lost some more and took a locals bus- you'd be suprised at how great they are; better than brisbane transport (and we even got on the right one he first time!), and we went shopping. We also went on a Mekong delta tour which has been a trip highlight and we met some awesome people on it. Kate patted a snake, listened to some amusing music and paddled (okay we didn't for more than a good 30 seconds) our way through some beautiful canals. We also learnt a novel new way of crossing the road (we couldnt find anymore school boys); helping (hiding behind) little old ladies.

After Saigon we headed on a 4 hour bus ride (which ended up being more like 5) to Mui Ne. Though the beach was sort of dissapointing, the view was amazing and we discovered some lovely sand dunes. And were once again ripped off, paying to use 'sliding mats' which did not slide and were overpriced anyway.

We also had room mates for the first time, arriving late at night and none fo us having a place to stay. We were a little unimpressed by their lack of desire to hang out with us (can't understand why!) but they weren't too unfriendly, especially seeing as we woke them up on numerous occassions. oops. We also met some cool Finnish guys and another German lad (are you proud Frausi?).

We are currently in Dalat, a town in the Central Highlands which we are both in love with. Despite the sub-arctic conditions which we were totally unprepared for, we are loving the markets, cafes (most of which serve only drinks???), gardens and general untouristyness. Today we went on a tour of the countryside and saw coffeee plantations, flower farms, silk-making factories and trekked down and up Dalat's biggest waterfall. All of this made us exceedingly hungry and we had oe of our funnest meals yet. Though we're not entirely sure what everything was, we did enjoy eating Vietnamese cuisine we would normally not order. Last of all we visited Dalat's Crazy House. Check out the photo- an amzing example of imaginative architecture.

Until next time, toodle-oo

xoxoxo

Kate and Zoe


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb