Sightseeing in Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another hot day here today and a few showers of rain but that didn't stop us heading into the city centre and visiting the sights. First stop was Ben Thanh Market - mmm interesting sights & smells. We did some souvenir shopping and photo taking - check out the pic of someones dinner tonight ( not ours thankyou! ) Then cyclo ride to the museum that was even more interesting - dodging & weaving through the scooter traffic....many close calls but we live to tell the tale LOL! Then off to the Rex Hotel for lunch in the roof top bar that was very famous during the Vietnam War ( It was the press centre ). Then off we walked first to City Hall for lots of photo taking, next to an ATM for 2 million dong he he!! next The Continental Hotel for more drinks - its hot you know!! just wanted to go there after seeing the movie "The Quiet American". On our way there we saw a very swish looking boutique and when we looked inside there were 2 scooters parked in front of the counter, that is how they shop - everything is drive through scooters, we even saw street side food vendors standing on the edge of the road selling hot food to people still sitting on their scooters - amazing! Next some more photo taking of Notre Dame Cathedral & Post Office designed by Gustave Effiel. Then we sheltered under a tree waiting for the rain to stop before walking onto the Reunification Hall/Palace ( heard it called both, not sure what is correct ) Anyway, a few pics of today's wanderings for you, and one especially for you Dad - how about this electricians work! - yep we have seen some interesting things. Off to Danang and Hoi An tomorrow and we will be sure to update you when we can.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Us at MuseumUs at Museum
Us at Museum

cost us a bit for a local to take this pic - he he! yep we got caught by a scammer!
City HallCity Hall
City Hall

Rob the tourist keeps getting in my pics!!


22nd August 2008

Looks like you are having fun
Don't get too used to being Millionaire's though!! I am loving reading your little snippets, and seeing the photos of what you are up to. Sounds like you are having a great time :)

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb