City Tour Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up at 6am and felt like partying (jet lag). used the shutle bus between the hotel and city centre, and got offer a tour of saigon by one of those vespa riders in town. Seeing the traffic, I realised that would be the quickest way of getting around here, so after some bargening. I started the tour.

I managed to see the Notre Dam (Effect of french colonisation), the reunification plaza, the zoo, and finally the war musem.

The zoo was a waste of time, though the highlight was when one of the elephants spitted on me after I gave the second suger cane to his rival elephant. (ungrateful)

The effects of the american war back in the 60s and 70s was still being felt in the war museum and the reunification plaza. Although, I felt from time to time we were being fed propaganda, the hardship, and the autrocity caused by the war to the Vietnamese people can never be denied, and should not be forgotten.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Famous Picture of WarFamous Picture of War
Famous Picture of War

Vietnamese Woman, trying to escape with her kids, going trough river. There were lot more disturbing pictures.


25th May 2007

Ungreatful
Elephants over here wouldn't just spit on you they would step on you for sharing their food with the rival :). I hope you're having fun.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb