Good morning Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 7th 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So.. it's been a while since I last updated this so this might be a long one.

So we arrived in Sandakan and visited Sepilok Orangutan rehabilitation centre where we saw a couple of orangutans and a lot of smaller more cheeky monkeys. It was a really nice day out although one of the hottest days so far! The next day was almost as hot so we decided to walk up the hill to this nice hotel where we could swim in their pool. The moment we could there a thunder storm started so we couldn't actually go in the pool but we did cool off a bit. After this we decided to stop off in Sukau in the jungle on the way back to Kota Kinabalu where we did a boat cruise down the Kinabatangan River (the second longest river in Malaysia)

Back in Kota Kinabalu we visited Mamutik Island where we spent the day sun bathing and soaking our numerous bites we had required in the jungle.

On the 27th June we flew to Hanoi, Vietnam to meet Katrina and Jenny. The heat in Hanoi was nothing to that of Sandakan! we spent the first day dong the site seeing things like seeing the Water Puppet Theatre and visiting temples. The day after we travelled up the river, in a boat which was only just staying afloat, to the perfume pagodas which were beautiful.

After Hanoi we spent the next four days in Halong Bay which is one of the most beautiful places i've seen. We took part on two different two day tours where accomodation and food was included, breakfast was normally at 7am (which is far too early for us) Although the food was definatly worth getting up for I even ate fish, which was really nice! There was a lot of opportunites to go swimming in the bays but after we saw a few jellyfish we scared ourselves into staying in kayaks, which was quite difficult as Chris decided it was funny to capsize the kayaks.

Then we travelled overnight to Hoi An were we have had many clothes tailor made for us and spent a lot of time enjoying 12p beer and laying in for once. Tomorrow we are off to Da Lat to explore waterfalls and do a bit more relaxing 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



9th July 2010

Hats
I love the hats!
10th July 2010

Hats
We've lost them already :( lol put them on a bus and they never came back. going to find some more though there not expensive :)
12th July 2010

I can't believe you actually ate some fish! Look at you trying new things! :)
27th July 2010

Fish
I know! and I had buffalo steak yesturday. I didn't try the spiders or chicken hearts though...yuk
7th August 2010
Hats from Vietnam :)

Beautiful Hats
the best hats in the world... very nice photo there. Blogging for Newbies

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb