ON THE MOVE AGAIN PART 3


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
February 15th 2009
Published: February 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi again

Sorry don't know what is going on! Back to yesterdaywhen I went for my "beauty"treatments Bob was very patient and was asked if he wanted a pedicure- I think you all know the answer to that. Obviously our attempts to upload photos from our disc did not work. Will have to find someone to help us. I hope that you all had a good Valentine's Day. I remembered cards for that and also our Wedding Anniversary today- Bob did not pack cards he had bought! Although he did buy me a pair of sandals and a bracelet (not the diamond encrusted sort). Bob thought it would be a good idea to hire bikes and cycle to the beach. Although the motorbike problem is not as bad as Saigon they are still pretty mad- pulling out without looking and stopping when the fancy took them. So we did it - pretty scared and wobbly to start with. Then ambulances with klaxon going full pelt - we came across the "accident" one bicycle and one motorbike that really freaked me out - still we kept going. The beach was beautiful and quiet after we rode past the main beach. Sat and read our books- bliss. A few vendors came up to us - nothing bought. A young man came up selling jewellery. He sat with us for best part of an hour - Su was his name. Very good English - trying to earn money to complete his English course and pay for his papers to become a Tour Guide - as he was such a nice young guy we did buy a bracelet - suckers!!! Obviously we made it back from the beach in one piece and here we are. Tomorrow our bus leaves at 7.30 am to Hue for 2 nights. A bit of a worry at the moment as the hotel we have booked for Hanoi has not confirmed back to us yet and we haven't got anywhere booked for Hue- living dangerously with that one.

Promise we will get the photos uploaded as soon as we find a willing backpacker.

Hope that you have received previous blogs.

LOL Lyn and Bob (Dad) (Mum)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb