Da Lat to Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 19th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi peoples

We have just arrived in Nha Trang which is a beach resort on the South Central coast of Vietnam. Unfortunately, we are here in the 2 month rainy season which kind of reduces it's usefulness as a beach resort but there are a few other things we can do!

Where we left off last we had just arrived in Da Lat. Unfortunately, the next day a Typhoon hit the coast of Vietnam meaning that there was rain and flooding thoughout South Vietnam and we had to spend the whole day inside. When we asked the guesthouse owner what we should do that day she told us we should use the internet and sleep!

The next day was much nicer weather and we were able to rent a motorbike. Michael was thrilled as he had been begging to rent a motor bike since we landed in Vietnam. We rode up to a village called Trai Mat and saw a temple which used tessellated pottery fragments and glass to make amazing murals. There was even a dragon made entirely of broken beer bottles! We also tried very hard to find a waterfall known as Tiger Falls. It took us about 5 drives past the entrance to find the entry!

Last night we met up with a few people in our guesthouse restaurant. Our group was made up of a Swede, a French guy, an Irish guy and 2 people from England. It made for an interesting conversation and we now know a lot more about Gaelic football!

After an early start this morning (6:50am!) we passed some amazing scenery on the way down from the Highlands to the Coastal plains. We'll post some photos when we have the camera with us next!

Ali and Mic

Advertisement



21st November 2008

Oh my god I can't believe you let fish eat your feet, that is creepy! so unbelievably jealous right now, you guys sound like you're having much fun I got a job at nyrstar (zinc works) for the holidays, so today's my last day of freedom miss you guys xx

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb