Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

We are in Nha Trang still and have 7 hrs to kill between hotel checkout time and our bus. We rented a bike yesterday and looked at the sites which don't involve the beach. Unfortunately there weren't many but we still had a fun day!

We started the day by going to the National Oceanographic institute which was basically made up of two parts. The first bit was just an aquarium which was reasonably interesting but the second part was just disgusting! Imagine an entire room filled floor to ceiling with preserved sea life! They even had these massive containers which contained whole fish and even a 2 meter long Dugong!

We also had a drive around and looked at Temple and a giant Buddha and some ancient Cham towers.

But the fun bit was at the end of the day! We went to a spa outside of town which is famous for its mud and mineral baths. For about $7AUD we got to soak in a bathtub of mud, then get sprayed by high pressure mineral water, then relax in a warm mineral bath and then go swim in a swimming pool filled with the mineral water! We think our skin is soft, supple and rejuvenated now (Michael in particular)!

We went to a bar last night and saw some Aussies that we had seen on a tour in Ho Chi Minh. I managed to spend less than $2 for all my drinks for the night as they had a happy hour special which made each drink less than a dollar!

We managed to get an amazingly cheap room here. We bargained hard and got a room for $9 USD with aircon, cable, hot water and even a lift up to our floor!

We are heading to Hoi An next. It is meant to be flooded at the moment so we will have to let you know how that goes!

Mic and Ali



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Temple at Trai Mat VillageTemple at Trai Mat Village
Temple at Trai Mat Village

This dragon was really long and made entirely from broken pottery and beer bottles! It was amazing!
Former King's Summer PalaceFormer King's Summer Palace
Former King's Summer Palace

This place was crazy. It was like it had been renovated to the height of fashion in the 60's then never touched again. Every room is pink or green or yellow!
View over Nha TrangView over Nha Trang
View over Nha Trang

Yes, this is a beach resort.
Bottled specimensBottled specimens
Bottled specimens

This is only about a fifth of the room...


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb