HAPPY HOUR, YOU COME MY SHOP!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
October 6th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Bickety Bickety Blog Time! Well after a quick night spent in Da Nang where the boys hung out with a Canadian girl teaching english there they made there way across the river to the amazing town of Hoi An. Basically Hoi An is the Vietnamese version of Luang Prabang, but on the ocean. Old french buildings and amazing Asian architecture pretty much make up the town. After a relaxing first night in Hoi An, the boys did what everyone does when in Hoi An, regardless of how poor backpacking has made them, and they got suits made. The whole of Hoi An seems like one big tailor, not only can you get custom suits, shirts, jackets, coats etc... you can even find stores that will make you up a pair of shoes custom fitted. Pair of armanis that you like but cant afford? You can get pretty much the exact same shoe, custom made, with stitching that says 'PAID' if you want. So the boys decided to get measured up and both bought their own suits as well as get something very umm custom made that they're hoping to debut in Canada very very soon. But they won't be telling anyone soon just what it is they got made. Anyways the boys ended up meeting a great group of people, so they decided a couple nights in Hoi An wasn't too bad of an idea. Basically days were spent at the beach or riding bikes around the Vietnamese countryside, the travelling life is a hard one folks! After the good time had in Hoi An the boys made their way down south to the coastal town of Nha Trang.

The bus trip from Hoi An is described as everything from 'hell' to 'prison' and it really isn't wrong. Leaving at 19:30 at night the boys piled (literally) into a sleeper bus that had about 50 beds, in three rows and on top of eachother. Luckily Dave was able to find a bed for himself (although he didn't fit) but for poor Jordan it was another story. See, at the back of these buses there are large beds where five people are expected to sleep. Unfortunately for Jordan this meant he was stuck between spooning couple 1 and spooning couple 2, and Dave loved it. About 11 hours later the boys arrived in Nha Trang at 5:00 in the morning and went straight to the beach till about 12 and their sleeping patterns haven't been normal since. Nha Trang itself is a very resort type city. Not only do you get backpackers but package tourists, old hippies, and yes Russians, so many Russians. The boys, as can be expected, have had a really good time here in Nha Trang, just beach all day and beach bars all night, but they're on the move again as tomorrow they head down to Mui Ne, which supposedly has sand dune surfing. Oh yea and in case you're mad at not receiving any calls from them, it's much harder to find overseas calls places in Vietnam. So please watch this space! Miss and love you all, the lads.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb