Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The overnight bus was not as painful as before despite the french guy (who was the biggest guy on the bus bar me) insisitng on maxing out the recline on his chair, so slept with my knees bent up most of the night. Nha Trang was a beach resort that seemed quite developed. Was raining again here so not much beach action to be had. First day we walked about 5 miles along the beach to a cable car which took you to the island Vin Pearl. The cable car across was scary with strong wides across the Sea so much so that me and Neal considered getting a boat back, but with true brit heart we took the cable car back.

Vin Pearl seemed like a man made island with a theme park that wouldn't look out of place in Florida. Met up with our chums from Brighton and Canadian in the evening, they gave us a guided tour of all the waterholes but me and Neal were a bit mythed as to why they had sepnt 5 days here. Ended up in the Sailing Club (not as posh as it sounds). Dj finished playing quite early so I led a chant of Wonderwall and other British anthems. One very patriotic irish man then led some old irish tunes before we drowned him out with Wonderwall again. Had some late night noodle soup and canadian almost got us into a bit of bother with an egyptian!!

Spent the next day nursing a hangover, and it rained all day long!! Forest Gump was certainly right about the rain in Vietnam all kinds of rain!!! Watched Arsenal v United in the room then fell asleep. Next up Dalat....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb