Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
November 1st 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got another early morning bus to Hoi An ( and I thought travelling was a year of lie ins). Hoi An was the natural next stop after Hue. It is set on the Thu Bon River and used to be an international trading port in the 17th century. It has a very french feel to it, with the old town a Unesco World Heritage site. We had a walk around the old town on our 1st day, just as we got down by the river side, which was very picturesque, the heavens opened. So we decided to take up an afternoon slot in a restaurant along the river. The beers flowed as the river overflowed. The rain was relentless and by the time we left the bar half cut, we was having to wade through the river water to get back to the street that took us back to our guesthouse. Didn't do much that evening and by the time we'd gone back into the old town for something to eat, the river was now 20m at least from the bank.

The following day we decided to rent a motorbike had ride around the flooded old town, then took a ride to the beach, which had the biggest waves I've seen yet. Still had a full tank so after leaving the beach just headed for ride along the coast road which took us to some random mountains which had a temple and a couplf of caves so we had a walk around them then drove back to the guesthouse. Headed out that evening ended up in theKing Kong Bar owned by an alcoholic aussie guy that run this bar just to fuel his own alcohol addiction. It was quite a small bar, where the pool table turned into the dancefloor by night. Met up with dutch girls we'd met the day before. Finished the night on the pool table with Neal and Landlord having a dance off to Johnny Cash.Left the following day at 5.30 on the overnight bus to Nha Trang.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb