Hanoi-Hong Kong


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
June 26th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our new, much reduced group departed Hanoi by minibus this morning & headed to the ferry which took us to Cat Ba Island. A nap in the afternoon set me right for pizza & beer, followed by more beer whilst watching the Australia versus Italy soccer game at the Koala bar. Unfortunatley Italy won because of a ridiculous penalty right on full time, but it was a good game none the less.
Before settling on the Kiwi Bar for dinner, we were actually looking for 'The Flightless Bird,' a restaurant owned by New Zealanders, recommended to Snow by other travellers. After walking to the end of the Esplanade with no luck, we were halfway back when we witnessed a sickening accident. This little boy rode his push bike right into the path of a motorcyclist. They collided & the boy just layed on the road before some lady gathered him up & took off on the back of another motorbike - presumably to the nearest hospital, or doctors at least. The strangest thing about the accident was the silence after the initial collision. The boy must have been pretty badly injured because he slowly curled into a ball on the ground, not crying or screaming out in pain - no sound. It was quite spooky.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 32; qc: 170; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb