Three Chinese Beauties


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 27th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ElephantElephantElephant

The local pride in Guilin. They say it looks like an elephant
Took sunday the 24th of May Train 1627 at 11.08 from Zhengzhou to Guilin. Had three Chinese in my cabin who were most of the time sleeping their beautysleep and eating and outside the cabin in the washroom spittng.
I had to eat a lot of their funny food. At night it was like an orchestra. The three men were snorring, making funny noises, getting up, spitting outside again and started snorring. Real fun.

Regarding the spitting, the chinese government has tried in the past to forbid it. But that s impossible in China. So now they try to control it. At least in the train they don t spit on the carpet but in the washroom or on the metal parts in between two carriages. These parts are quite slippery.

During the trip it was quite foggy and again the burning of grasses by the farmers did not decrease the smog.

Arrived in Guilin at 6 o clock in the morning. Fortunately the girl from the agency who had my ticket for Hanoi came only late 15 minutes but did not know about a tour I booked to kill the time for my next train only left at 15.00 in the afternoon. She had to call the guy in Beijing who arranged it out of his sleep and fortunately he still knew what he had done and she brought me to a hotel in town to wait for the tour guide.

In the meantime I could take a good breakfast. Lots of foreigners in Guilin. A nice small place of only 800.000 inhabitants. Saw their local pride a stone elephant and beautiful caves. Really a city to come back one time.

Had to take the train at 14.50 train nr 5 to Nanning. to arrive 8.10 tuesday morning in Hanoi. It s not the distance but probably the border procedures that takes the time. In Nanning I had to leave the train and was brought to a waitingroom during the time they were preparing the train for the trip to the border. The original train of 20 carriages and a 1000 passengers was brought back to 3 carriages and 6 passengers for Hanoi




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

FishermanFisherman
Fisherman

That s how they fish in Guilin
lots of touristslots of tourists
lots of tourists

lots of tourists looking at locals


Tot: 0.47s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb