Halong bay!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast
August 23rd 2008
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a very bumpy bus ride we arrived at Halong city to board our luxury boat to explore the limestone cliffs of Halong Bay. As we boarded our boat, we discovered we were the first to ever use it, our bedroom had a flat screen TV and luxurious bathroom. We were also served three, seven course meals over two days it was ridiculous but lovely! There were also photographers there to promote the boat and apparently we will be appearing on their website (he he)!!!. The first day we cruised around the limestones cliffs, it really was stunning. We visited the Amazing Caves and docked for the night amid the limestone cliffs. Think the pictures describe it better than we can.

The following day we went kayaking thorugh the limestone cliffs. Some how we managed to loose a french couple for a while. I was getting quite concerned for a while as we drove the boat around looking for them. Not sure what happened to them but when they eventually did show up we heard them explain "Merd, c'est loin!" We cuised back to the harbour. Think it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb