time has flown by....


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
August 21st 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Baby orphanage - the new girlBaby orphanage - the new girlBaby orphanage - the new girl

not mentioned in blog but we have a new girl from the mountains who was left by her 80yr old grandmother last week! no one knows anything abt her and she has problems moving her arms and legs but they r slowley imporving - also with the help of this chair!!
Today i have been in Tam Ky for 3 weeks! and i cant believe how quickly it has gone so far!! i really don't want to leave the children! they are all lovely and even if you start the day feeling miserable you know they will put a smile on your face!
as usual its been crazy here! i am always so busy and when im not busy teaching or playing with the kids then im shattered! more tired than usual at the moment because my malaria tablets making me have really horrible nitemares! and sleeping is restless!!
today has been a difficult day... abbe and robin are both ill and so didnt get up to go to the baby orphanage today - so it was just myself and leanne! ( maddie left for her travels last week!)
on the way to the orphanage i was hoping they would all be pretty subdued as they would've only just woken up when we got there..we arrived to find them very quiet but quickly realised it was because quite a few of them had fevers! also tu, a 6 year old but one of the smallest boys at the orphanage, ( he is
Home of affectionHome of affectionHome of affection

Thuong - a girl from my class!!!
probably smaller than my baby cousin who is a year and a half old!!!) was being sick everywhere! which was also making one of the "mothers" sick too! bit of a nitemare really especially with the heat, the lack of fans working and no water in sight! i was trying to ask the women who work there where the water was but my lack of vietnamese proved really frustrating! and yen, our translator had dissapeared!! it's so sad when you see them suffering because it makes you realise that they don't get the attention that we get when they are sick and many of them need it!

today i am also very sunburnt from walking round hoi an and being at the beach yesturday!! and there was me thinking i was never gonna get burnt!! dammit!!! so i spent another weekend in hoi an but also ventured out and did a trip to my son which is a holy site with many ancient ruins, 45 km from hoi an! it was interesting but not really my thing!... and also meant getting up really early (5am).

I think i will be extending my time here by just a few days when I go up to hanoi and halong bay on wednesday night which also means missing two days of teaching which i am a bit gutted about but will be back in Tam ky on sunday night! planning on travelling south along highway 1 when i finish in Tam Ky one week on friday! Will porbably visit Quang Ngai ( one of the other placements), My lai memorial, mui ne, nha trang, dalat and Saigon!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb