Hue to Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
November 14th 2010
Published: November 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

AHHHHHHHHHHH! RAAAIN! STOP!!!!!
I feel like singing the Camp Grenada song!
We have made our way from rainy Hue to, you guessed it, rainy Hoi An. The unfortunate part of all this is that there is not much to see or do here indoors. The big attraction is the river, with it's cruises, wonderful forest trails to walk along, miles of beach to ride bikes on, but none of that possible in this never ending rain.
Everything we read said that the rainy season is over at the end of Oct, someone just forgot to tell the weather man. Oh well, we will have to make the best of it, because now is when we are here. We have decided to move on to Ho Chi Minh city, bypassing central Vietnam, at least if it is rainy there, it is a big city with lots of indoor things to do.
Well, that's enough complaining, life is so hard!!!!!!!!!!!! 😊
We spent a few days in Hue (pronounced Whay), where we enjoyed a ride on the river and a visit to some ancient ruins between rain showers. We then took a 5 hr bus ride to Hoi An. This is suppos
ed to be a pretty little seaside town, but again the rain is putting a damper in our plans. Hoi An is famous for tailor made clothing, so we had a nice walk through the old section of town and of course visited a few tailors, and of course, we had to stimulate the economy here! We ordered 2 pairs of pants each, and I ordered 2 blouses, all for the grand sum of $76. We have not picked them up yet, will be ready this afternoon, quite anxious to see what we get for that. We were able to pick out our own material, and it seemed like good quality, but being the skeptic that I am, of course I am having doubts. Will update the tailor thing with pictures later.
Will post some pictures from Hue and Hoi An.
I am wondering if anybody out there is reading this, because I am not getting much in the way of comments. Thanks Ken and Katrina.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

5 of 10 Kings of Hell5 of 10 Kings of Hell
5 of 10 Kings of Hell

in a Buddist temple
HOI ANHOI AN
HOI AN

at the buddist temple


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb