Hue- rhymes with Ewww


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It rained!It rained!It rained!

But we got trashbag style coats so we were okay



Actually- it doesn't rhyme with Ewww at all. But it looks like it would be pronounced that way. It's pronounced H- Way.

It was a nice little town, but not my favorite place in the world so far. It started off with a 12 train ride in the regular seat part of the train- not the sleeper car like we should have got. My bad decision making skills coming into play there! We sat in the last row by the toilet which stunk terribly and the door to the train car was always open so it was too loud to sleep.

Before we even got going, the man who showed us our seats stole Doug's iPod out of his bag. Doug chased him under the train and got it back- so the music was saved. Thank god- or else it would have been a long journey.

Oh, before we ever got to get on the train- we arrived at the station with our ticket voucher and found the most unhelpful people ever. Everyone I have come across in Thailand and thus far in Vietnam have been so friendly and helpful except for the Hanoi train station personnel. Anyway- we got our tickets and made it to Eeww. Hue.

It was raining, but not that didn't spoil the day. In fact it was a nice change of pace. We walked around the city and looked at the architecture and stuff that you do in new places.
I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I was in the worst mood and just did not fit well into the city.

We didn't really go anywhere or do anything spectacular. But we did meet a nice pair o' folk who just finished teaching in Vietnam and had a few drinks with them. The owner of this bar called Brown Eyes, who is quite the Opera siger, hung out for a while and bought a round of shots. He wants to make t-shirts with meaningful slogans one day.

The bars closed early and when we were walking home, we were the only people out and about- it was an odd feeling. Especially after leaving Hanio where it was soooo crowded and busy.

The city had it's charm- it just didn't agree with me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The best thing about HueThe best thing about Hue
The best thing about Hue

was the kiddos we met for drinks. Hooray for travel friends
Vanilla Sky MomentVanilla Sky Moment
Vanilla Sky Moment

There was NO ONE else around- creepy. You can stand in the middle of the road forever and not get run over


26th April 2007

Brown Eyes???
Ewwwwwwww.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb