Busin' it!!!!!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We seriously underestimated the size of Vietnam! trains and buses, 37 hours and counting....

Our journey began from Hanoi to Hue, 15 hours on a sleeper train with cockroaches, we killed 4 in the first hour b4 sleep overcame our fear. Tired and cranky from lack of sleep, we made a quick exit from Hue the following day. We had a well deserved break on China Beach after a three hour bus trip. Day trip to Marble Mountains, ran from charging bull on deserted road (that was really a mooing cow crossing the road). Then, entering a cave in the mountain we swindled death once more by narrowly avoiding a deadly snake (grass snake, more afraid of us than we were of him!).

Nursed our sun burn in picturesque Hoi An for a day. Then we played bus dodge ball with crazy driverman (possibly suicidal) for 12 hours to Nha Trang . Longest journey of our lives! Much like the Santa Ponsa of Vietnam, we spent our time relaxing on the beach and going for drinks.

Arrived today in Dalat after a 6 hour bus journey. City in the mountains, beautiful scenery. Went to visit mad monk but he was out on his moped so we went to the Crazy House, an Alice in Wonderland style honeymooner's hotel. Leaving here in the morning for Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)......another 7 hours on the bus! Then heading to Cambodia on the 15th before the Vietnamese new year.

Happy Val day to all, enjoy the snow mwa hahahaha!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb