Dalat


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thinking he knew his way to the bank which was only 10 minutes away he was lost within 5 minutes which resulted in a 2 hour journey round the outskirts of the city. After randomly finding a golf course the boy with the navigation skills of a small blind midget knew that the golf course was near the lake which was near the centre of town which was where the bank was so he could change his travellor cheque. So by circling the golf course he found the lake and following the lake around he found the town and inevitably the bank.

Cashing his 100 dollar travellers check and instantly became a million air with the 1,588,000 dong he received he became very excited and mistakingly gained a renewed sense of confidence in his sense of direction, 'I know the way back for sure" he said to him self, getting lost did not even occur to him.

5 minutes later he was lost again.

He wonderded around the streets for another hour before he was back on track.

A twenty minute walk there and back to the bank resulted in a 3 hour walk round the city.
Snakey getting a little too friendly!!Snakey getting a little too friendly!!Snakey getting a little too friendly!!

I infact had a hole in that pocket. I didn't tell anyone though that I got a little excited. That ones just between me and you so keep it a secret.
He left at breakfast and it was now lunch time.

Yet the fun didn't end there because even though the vietnamese alpahabet is similar to the english one the language is tonal and each vowel can be pronounced 6 different ways to mean 6 very different things. 'Pho bo' was the only words the boy recognized to be beef noodle soup, but because there were two vowels that meant 36 different pronounciations! So after 5 minutes trying every different tone he could, he finally found the right one which sounded more like football, but without the t and l. So he sat down and enjoyed his bowl of football even though he put too much chilly in it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The most beautiful woman in vietnam!The most beautiful woman in vietnam!
The most beautiful woman in vietnam!

The one on the right that is!
The largest pig in the world!The largest pig in the world!
The largest pig in the world!

Dunno if that is legitimate but it was the size of a bloody horse
Mr Croc!Mr Croc!
Mr Croc!

At least I'm not the only one that dribbles when they sleep
Little Mr Party Time!Little Mr Party Time!
Little Mr Party Time!

The dirty little street kid who didn't stop smiling. He didn't stop jumping on me aswell and when I picked him up, which was easy cause he weighed as much as a small peanut, he dribbled all over me.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb