Bukhara, Samarkand and rural visits


Advertisement
Uzbekistan's flag
Asia » Uzbekistan
May 15th 2023
Published: May 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Ok, this blog will also be mainly pics. This is a country that will take time for us to process once we are home. Each day we saw a different section of the country tracing its 2500 years of history.
And unlike Egypt, most of the history completely unknown to us.

Overall, it is an agricultural based country, carved out of the desert. The scale, detail and beauty of the 3 main silk route cities is at times overwhelming. When we asked our guide,, when did they stop using the silk route. She quite seriously answered. It hasn't. You are here today.

We booked thru Global Connect in Samankan for the 12 day trip. And they booked everything for Ed and I, all transport, Accommodations, and local guides for each of the cities - Tashkent, Khiva. Bukhara, and Samankan, plus a stay in a yurt and a tradional guest house in a small village. Everything went smoothly. We highly recommend them.

Tomorrow we will spend our last day in Samankan, and then take the afternoon train back to Tashkent four our early morning flight. Another amazing yrip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



18th May 2023

Fascinating!
18th May 2023

Rugs and Mosques everywhere
Hi Ed and Michelle: More amazing places to check out again and it looks like you are having fun. My next trip will be AZ. Keep on trekking and trucking. Grant
25th May 2023
Ed looking at some of the most beautiful rugs!!

Uzbek Rugs
You didn't buy any!!! Why not??? We bought three silk rugs as they were so exquisite, one in Khiva and two in Bukhara...safely posted and safely arrived in Oz where they have pride of place among my Persians. The prices were reasonable and the quality making me want many more.
25th May 2023

Global Connect
We travelled through Uzbekistan with them in October 2019 and they tailored an amazing trip for us with my input on hostels & hotels & free days etc. With that and the thoughtful, knowledgeable and entertaining guides, we also cannot recommend , namely Global Connect, more highly. We also liked that they were a local Uzbek company, rather than a corporate Western that used locals as sub-contractors.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb