Samarkand, Uzbekistan


Advertisement
Uzbekistan's flag
Asia » Uzbekistan » Tashkent
August 9th 2016
Published: August 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

8 and 9 AUGUST, 2016

Departed Bangkok on a 9.5 hour non eventful flight to Istanbul. Waited at airport 6 hours ( no seating, so aimless wandering), before departing (6hours) to Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

Discovered on arrival that I flew solo. For some reason Turkish Airlines didn't load my bike box, containing bike, bike tyres, spares, camping gear!!

Tashkent arrivals was the worst schmozzle I have ever had the misfortune to experience. Bags flew or rolled off the carousel, it was 30 feet long to handle probably 500 bags. No Bike Box!!

After arrival I had only limited time before needing to race off to the rail station for the last train of the day to Samarkand. 3 hours south. I have visa limitations.

Through the valiant efforts of Mem, she located that the bike was still in Istanbul. TA was blaming, incomprehensibly, Uzbekistan Airlines. Hopefully it will travel overnight to Tashkent. If the bike is not delivered or is further lost, i may need to cancel, as the bike tour rolls on, departing Saturday. It will never catch up then. Suitable bikes don't exist in this part of the world. So high anxiety for the next few days, as if there hasn't been enough. I will report. The scenery on the train trip was dry, a few hills, stoney and looked Hot. But I was to anxious and tired, to fully take it in!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb