Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 10th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So here we are in another Thai city...
Have just got off our V.I.P bus which bought us here to Chang Mai from Ayuttaya. I'm feeling really well this morning and full of energy, having slept very comfortably for the WHOLE journey on the night bus...Rik on the other hand i'm afraid to say did not!
He had the only chair on the WHOLE bus which was broken, so therefore did not recline...he was also sat directly below the air conditioning vent, which was a bit unfortunate as it was BROKEN. The vent was dripping out about a pint of water every half hour. And to then add insult to injury, he was again sat on the ONLY chair on the whole V.I.P bus that was missing a curtain. So every time a car or lorry went past us, Rik could not only sleep due to their bright head lights, he also got blinded...
So here i am sitting in an internet cafe feeling, energetic from my good nights sleep, dry and in a brilliant mood ... and poor rik is sat next to me, exhausted, drenched and really fed up!!!!!
Anyway we met a lovely Canadian guy called Andy (of course ... cos rik seems to make friends with every Andrew on the planet!!!!) who had been teaching english to childen in Korea for a year, but has decided to visit Thailand for a month beofre returning home.
We all went out to celebrate our first evening in Chang Mai. After playing what seemed like a million games of snooker in a bar close to our hostel, we ended up in a roof bar called THC, which had glow in the dark paint and really creative art splattered everywhere. The bar also had the best drum and bass DJ we have ever danced to...and poor Onie had a cockroach the size of her head crawl down her leg and onto her foot...Not my friend!!!!!!!!!
Have booked our minibus up to Pai and cannot wait...We feel that Pai will be the place we will settle at for a while...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Andrew and OnieAndrew and Onie
Andrew and Onie

The room that we're standing in is pitch black, the only thing that is lit up is the glow in the dark paint behind us on the wall. The flash on the camara makes it look alite.


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 96; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb